Here is an article I wrote in Creations Magazine, April 2019, to bring the Styfofoam (extruded polystyrene) industry to the table. They need to pay for recycling or stop producing it.
RECYCLE STYROFOAM - XPS
1. Recycling collections on Long Island no longer take in Styrofoam (extruded polystyrene foam - XPS).
2. In addition to restaurant take-home and take-out containers, millions of XPS supermarket trays plus packaging materials, coolers and construction scraps are thrown into landfills on Long Island every day.
3. Styrofoam - XPS takes 500 years or more to deteriorate.
4. Styrofoam - XPS makes up 1/3 of landfills.
5. We are running out of landfill space.
6. Eventually Styrofoam - XPS breaks-up and animals, birds and fish eat the little pieces and get sick.
7. We need Styrofoam-XPS recycling and banning.
8. The industry that produces extruded polystyrene foam (XPS) should pay for recycling.
9. If a product is not healthy for the environment, it should not be produced. If customers can’t find it, it doesn’t exist. Clearly list and describe the services you offer. Also, be sure to showcase a premium service.
August 2018 ~ I had a wonderful conversation with Barbara Gaughen-Muller about my mentor for 30 years, Dr. Robert Muller of the United Nations, communication, love and peace. Robert was an extraordinary visionary who helped five Secretary-Generals, created 22 UN specialized agencies and co-founded the UN University for Peace in Costa Rica.
Barbara Gaughen-Muller is President of the Santa Barbara Chapter of the United Nations Association and a mover and shaker in Rotary International. Her transformational book Revolutionary Conversations is a must read for activists and people in business seeking to transform their organizations.
Januaty 2019 ~ I had a conversation with Marcello da Silva about the Commonwealth for Earth & Humanity , a system that supports Global Demilitarization to allow funds to become available for investment in Earth, Society and Humanity through 1) Earth Repair & Care, 2) Human Development, 3) Social Stabilization, and 4) Infrastructure that creates Human Enlightenment, Sustainable Families, Sustainable Communities and a Sustainable World. You can see more on CEH here.
Marcello da Silva, Psy.D, is Producer and Host of Conversations with Dr. da Silva – The TV Show Where Your Voice Matters on Public Access TV Cablevision /Altice, Optimum, Channel 115, Long Island, New York. He is an Organizational Development Advisor consulting with NGOs (Non-Governmental Organizations) affiliated with the United Nations, and is Founder and Chief Associate Director of the Human Nature and Tomorrow's Society Institute. He is a Socio-Anthro Psychologist, Psycho-Educator, Certified PeerCounselor Supervisor and Family Specialist, utilizing a combination of psychological, sociological, traditional and alternative therapeutic modalities
with a holistic approach.
Devin Thorpe is a champion of social good. As an author, educator and keynote speaker he focuses on those doing good in the world. As a Forbes Contributor, he covers social entrepreneurship and impact investing. Past president of the National Speakers Association Mountainwest Chapter, he shares inspiring insights to help others do more good. His books on personal finance and crowdfunding draw on his entrepreneurial finance experience as an investment banker, CFO, treasurer, and mortgage broker helping people use financial resources to do good. Previously he worked on the U.S. Senate Banking committee staff and earned an MBA at Cornell. Visit devinthorpe.com to learn more.
Copyright © 2018 Sanford Hinden ~ All Rights Reserved