WHAT I DID:
Sanford Hinden provides programs, workshops and lectures for students, parents, adults and seniors to help people, communities and the world. His research, writing and programs help empower humanity and evolve systems for Earth. He fostered and developed many organizations, projects and programs to help children, teens, adults and seniors, locally, nationally and globally. In 2022, he founded the Evolved Leaders’ Network for Peace & Nature, and the Evolved Earth Institute, working with United Nations, NGO, environmental and peace leaders. He provides free monthly workshops globally on Doughnut Economics and Mutually Assured Survival. He founded the Commonwealth for Earth & Humanity in 2015, and its YouTube channel in 2020. He worked in health and human services, education, the arts, and for peace and nature for 50 years.
* * *
* Starting with a BA in psychology, my studies evolved through sociology, economics, international relations and global education.
* I then fostered and developed many projects and programs to help children, teens, adults and seniors, families and communities, locally in New York City and Long Island, nationally, and in the world.
* I was director of Community Partners for Coordinated Services for Suffolk Community Council, under a grant from Suffolk County, for at-risk and in-need families, developing school, and health and human service networks of support and care.
* I successfully managed the Dix Hills Performing Arts Center at Five Towns College where I developed programs for marketing, audience building, public relations, membership and customer service. We went from being a start-up to having over 10,000 active customers.
* You can see my book 7 Keys to Love - Opening Love’s Door to Joy & Well-being.
* You can view the Commonwealth for Earth & Humanity YouTube Channel.
WHAT I DO NOW: I do research, development and training as a speaker and workshop leader, providing programs throughout Long Island libraries in personal growth, interpersonal relations and communication, and global education for peace and sustainability. I also provide programs globally on Zoom.
WHAT I AM INTERESTED IN DOING: I clearly see that to survive as a species we must accelerate the evolution of consciousness, compassion, collaboration, creativity and wisdom. My current work interests are:
* Connecting people working to heal planet Earth through collective intelligence.
* Sustainable economics for a healthy planet.
My work is informed by extensive studies and experiences with:
2022, A founder of Evolved Leaders for Mutually Assured Survival
2021, Author, Guidebook for Person & Planet
Facilitator, Inner Peace & Outer Justice Program
2021, Developer, Global Generative Giving Report Card
2021, Producer, Multinational Summits, docudrama series proposal to address global migration from corruption, gangs, war and crime to peace
and sustainable work
2021, Facilitator, Wisdom for Men, weekly Zoom meeting
2020-Pres, Facilitator, Conscious Evolution Roundtable
2020-Pres, Host, Commonwealth for Earth & Humanity YouTube Channel
2020, Writer, Sacred Earth Center website
2019-Pres, Developer, Earth Solutions Project
2018-19, Facilitator, Planetary Civilization Council
2018-19, Facilitator, Quarterly Wisdom Circle
2016-19, Facilitator, Saturday Night Conversation Club
2016, Proposed annual Sacred Earth Conference
2015-Pres, Founder, Commonwealth for Earth & Humanity
2014-Pres, Workshop presenter in Personal Development, Relationship Development and Global Development
2013-20, Advisor, Lake Victoria Peace & Sustainability Center, Kenya
2009, Author, 7 Keys to Love
2006, Founder, ABCD, African Business & Community Development Project
2005-10, Founder, president, Long Island Men's Center
2002-2014, Executive director, Dix Hills Performing Arts Center
2000-2002, Fundraiser, Three Village Boys & Girls Club and Central Suffolk Hospital
2000, Affiliated International Network of Peace Museums with the United Nations
1998-00, Program director, Suffolk Community Council
1995-98, Founder, NYC Metropolitan Peace Museum Project
1984-90, Staff, NYC Parks & Recreation
1985, Initiator, Concert for the Earth with Paul Winter, United Nations Environment Program
1979-85, Founder, Universal Children's Gardens,
UN affiliated NGO
1979-81, Staff, Planetary Citizens, UN affiliated NGO